Sunday, September 28, 2008

Soccer Superstar!

Tanner's uniform is way to big for him. For some reason, they ordered adult sizes instead of youth sizes for the kids! The shirt goes down to his knees. He's a trooper and doesn't complain (too much).

Always has his eye on the ball. In fact, it was hard to get him to look in my direction for a few pictures. Can you tell where my priorities are?!?

The ball doesn't usually stay in play for more than a few minutes. Lots of the kids are still learning the basic techniques. This ref. does a lot of on field teaching!
Tanner falls really well - seriously! A game wouldn't be complete without him rolling around on the field a bit. He is very resilient (fortunately). His pet peeve is when the other players trip him! There is always at least one agressive player on every team.

I have been meaning to post pictures of Tanner's soccer games. However, the pictures from my Blackberry just don't come out very well. So yesterday I remembered to take my camera. I had to use the zoom, so these aren't the best pictures either, but better than the Blackberry!

Tanner loves soccer. He is quite the player. I think that we don't make it through a game without another parent telling me how good he is. He is so fast! It seems like the more he plays, the more confident he becomes. Yesterday he was right in the middle of a pack of kids, all after the ball. Tanner used some fancy footwork, and took the ball right out of the mix!

It is always fun to watch him play. He wants to be a professional soccer player when he grows up. I would be thrilled with a college scholarship (I know, thinking way ahead). Last year at the playoffs, he was actually recruited by a traveling/competitive team. Unfortunatly, the traveling teams play on Sundays. Declining the offer was hard for both Tanner & I. A competitive team would be so good for him. It was a good lesson in making diffucult choices to serve the Lord, and I am certain that he does not regret it!

Way to go Tanner!

I had to yell his name to get him to look at me durring one of the time outs!

3 comments:

*Karleena* said...

I knew he liked soccer, but I didn't realize he was so good!! Way to go Tanner!! And that's so awesome that he (and you) chose to not join that team that plays on Sundays! You've got a great kid there!! (I still remember when he was little and was such a fit-thrower. It gives me hope that Mallory might turn out as well as he is! Any pointers on how you made that happen??)

By the way - just cause I have to organize my dishes in a certain way does not mean I stay on top of washing them!! I quite often empty my dishwasher only to fill it completely back up with dishes from the sink! And I manage to keep up with the laundry by doing mom's method - sticking to a specific day. Mine and Brit's are washed every Monday and the girls' are washed every Tuesday. :o)

*Karleena* said...

Oh yeah - and those are some great pictures you took!! That one with him "falling" (looks like he's trying to hit the ball with his head) is awesome!! What cute kiddos you have!!

*Karleena* said...

Thanks for the message about my cakes! I now have a wedding one to do for Nov. 1st too! Yea!

I ended up throwing away the lion head... he was beyond fixing (the black smudges). I made a bear instead. I can't wait till the cake is done and I can post the pictures! (Hopefully it's worth posting!)

It was another semi-rough day, but I did okay. Mallory is a cleptomaniac. I swear she's getting worse than when she was two! I found a "stash" of things that don't belong to her in her room today (my jewlery, a Tide-2-Go pen, a figurine and a few gum wrappers). Ugh!! I just decided I'd ignore it till Brit got home and let him tough it out. I had no more "scream" left in me...since it doesn't seem to affect her anyway! Other than that, the day was okay (went to the park to get a lil' exercise and fresh air :o) Thanks!