Today we had our Quarterly Primary Activity. 33 kids showed up and most of their parents (not bad). The kids participated in Olympic style games. We did a torch run (the torches turned out really cute). The kids were all pretending to light things on fire . . . look out Olympics, this is your future! Some of the events were: the backwards long jump, a drinking straw javelin throw, thread the needle (the kids held hands in a circle and had to thread their bodies through hula hoops), Lehi's journey (they blew a beach ball down a zig-zag path), tug of war (when it was kids vs. Primary Presidency, the Presidency won), and a triathon (crab walk, hobby horses, & skip/hop) race. My 2nd counselor and secretary put the activity together, and did such a good job. I am lucky to have them!!We did have an adventure (one that the children will probably remember more than the activity itself). A child pulled the fire alarm in the gym!!! It was a curious 2 year old who got away from his mom. The kids were great, they knew just what to do, and no one panicked! We had to call 911 to have someone come out to turn off the alarm. They sent 2 police cars, a fire rescue vehicle and a fire engine!! I guess it is routine to make sure that there actually wasn't a fire! Yes, this is my shining Primary President moment!

All in all, we had a wonderful time, and I am sure we will all sleep well tonight!
6 comments:
Oh my word...Fire alarms...Glad the activity went well though!
At least you know the fire alarm works :)Haha, that is funny though.
What a fun activity! Especially the fire alarm part. :-) Definately the most memorable primary activity I have heard about!! Love the idea. Our YW's is going to put on a Halloween carnival for our primary next month. Do you have any booth ideas?
I am sure that is an activity that will be long remembered. You don't have to go to such extremes...you will be remembered by being the BEST primary president ever! (you don't even need Bro. Young to tell you that)
Cute preschool pictures, also.
Yea for preschool!
Give cute kidos hugs for us.
Love ya!
I love how the torches came out!! So cute!! Sounds like a very eventful activity!! You totally could do a fire theme next time and have those firemen come back (with some notice...haha) and teach the kids about fire safety! j/k! ;o) I'm glad everything turned out okay in the end!
I so miss being in the primary! Your funny story was great, I'm sure it will be the most memorable activity this year for those kids! :)
Post a Comment