Today was the first day of school! We had a hard time getting up at 6:15 am, and ended up having 30 minutes to spare before the kids had to meet the bus. Tomorrow we aren't getting up until 6:30!

Tanner is attending 5th grade at the North Hanover Upper Elementary School. UES only has 5th & 6th graders. The school was brand new last year, and is so nice! It has two floors, the auditorium is HUGE, and they get to choose from a fun lunch menu every day! Tanner has a locker this year, and said that it only took him 20 tries to figure out his combination! He has Mrs. Dutton for homeroom and changes classes for math, science, social studies, P.E., art, computers, world languages & music. They fit all of these classes in by rotating schedules. Each day is marked A-F. For example, tomorrow (B) his schedule looks like this . . . Homeroom, Science, Math, Art, Lunch, PE, Social Studies, Launguage Arts, Homeroom. Another day the schedule would be mixed around to fit in Computers or World Language (this will be his 3rd year taking Spanish). He is excited to have PE every day - but sad about not having any recess! Tanner has a few friends from Soccer in his class, which made him feel more comfortable! He is not riding the same bus as Nikki this year. UES is off-base. I think he is happy about that!

Nicoline is in the 2nd grade at Atlantis Elementary School. Atlantis only has 1st & 2nd graders. No school change for Nikki! Her teacher is Mrs. Russella. The first thing that Nikki told me today is which friends are in her class from last year! The social stuff is very important!! Nikki rotates through her "specials" classes (art, computers, library, spanish, PE), one each day. Lots of her friends from the neighborhood ride her bus this year as they have moved up to 1st grade, so she has plenty of friends to talk to every morning. She also told me that there is not a bathroom in the 2nd grade classrooms, but that she went durring lunch (also very important)!
Matthew is dying to go to school, but doesn't start until September 15th! He probably asked me a dozen times today if it was time to go to school!
I got to go to a "No more kids at home" breakfast at a friends house! There were several mom's from the neighborhood there. We visited for a few hours. It was nice not to be on a time crunch! I made quiche because girly events are the only time I get to eat it - Garrett says it is "girl food." The house was so quiet, and I enjoyed every minute of it!!
6 comments:
Awesome!!!
I can totally see why NJ is top ranked with their schools. They take spanish that early?! Wow! Your kiddos are going to be such smartie pants!
YEA Nikki for letting you do her hair in pig tails!! SO cute!!!
I can't believe Tanner is old enough to have a locker! 20 times isn't so bad - he'll get the hang of it! :o)
So, is Matthew all the way potty trained now? That's great he's so excited to start preschool!! Good luck kiddos!
By the way...I haven't decorated cakes for long. Those pictures are seriously the only ones I've made. It's just a new hobby for me! It is fun and stress-relieving! I got cake stuff with the money parent people gave me for my b-day...so no worries! :o)
Wow...it's been a while since I've visited your blog. You've been busy. I loved your Generations post. It made my heart smile just reading it. Love you tons. --Amy
Quiche is not girly food..if Garrett says quiche is girly food, just remind him he listens to old man music :)
Thanks for the ride to Barbara's house yesterday. That was so fun! I love getting together with other moms. Hey, are we still doing the book club?
Nikki and Tanner, have a great school year!
I can't believe your kids' first day of school was YESTERDAY!!! I'm printing midterms NEXT WEEK!!! Not gonna lie, I think I'd enjoy your schedule MUCH better.
Post a Comment