Thursday, September 18, 2008

Matthew's first day of school and bunko!


Tuesday was Matthew's first day of preschool! He was a little hesitant at first because some of the kids were crying. At the end of the day all he could talk about was the airplane toys! He had a blast. I tried to take some pictures of him at school, and he wouldn't let me! This picture is of the meet and greet last week.

Lots of people have asked me how I feel about sending my baby to school...it is great! On Tuesday, I went to the gym and spent a few hours at the church working on a project for our Primary activity on Saturday (we are making 60 torches out of toilet paper tubes and tissue paper, for an Olympic run). Yesterday I went to the commissary (I spent so much less without little people begging for pricey snacks) and volunteered at the thrift shop. It is great to finally be able to do so many things! I think I'm gonna like it!


My bunko score sheet! So sad that 17 losses didn't even win for most losses!


Tuesday night I played bunko at the McGuire Officer's Spouses Club social! It was so much fun. There were probably 30+ women there, most of whom I knew from OSC last year. I didn't win (not even the most losses - I was perfectly average), but I did make it around the room once, in fact I ended at the same table I started at! I did roll 5 baby bunko's though . . . probably my record! I also bought a bunko set at the silent auction/fundraiser. Now I can play with my kids! Garrett even wants to learn. When we were newly married we used to play Yahtzee for FHE every week (we were so poor). He used to kick my rear every time. I think he has a magic roll, so maybe I don't want to teach him bunko - I'll really never win!

This is my date "Ricardo." We used squeaky rubber chickens to fill in the ghost spots. I got stuck with him several times!! When there is an odd number of players, you play a "ghost" which means that you roll for the non-player as your team-mate!

4 comments:

*Karleena* said...

Yea Matthew!!! I'm so jealous that you have all that quiet time during the week!

Mother of the year...HA. You're too funny. I was just about to write a really long post about how exasperated I am with my kids and I'd like to pull my hair out! I think that MotY award goes to YOU!

I played bunko once as a "Enrichment" activity back in the college ward in Cedar. I remember it being really fun. There are some girls in my ward that have an "exculsive" bunko group (can you say clique?!)... too bad they don't invite everyone to play. I'm glad you had fun!!

Those torches sound way cute!! You're making 60 of them!? Wow! Talk about commitment! :o) Your primary kids are lucky to have you!

Okay, looking in my "wish book".. here are some "cheap" ideas for ya! ;o) Fondant smoother, Pearl dust, Leaf cutouts, people cutouts, Bug cutter set, or cake boards/circles. Or anything you planned on doing is super!! Love ya!

Nathan and Amy said...

Next time we get together you should teach us all. I have some friends that get together and play. Everytime they have invited me I have been busy. I would love to learn. Yay for preschool time!!!

Tami said...

Jen
I am so glad you have some me time! I am enjoying being able to run errands without the constant nagging, crying, and begging! And that's just when Rachel comes! Just kidding! I sure miss you and would love to see you sometime! Give the kids a hug--the girls are having their birthday party next sat. and I wish we had all our old friends around to help us celebrate!

Ellie said...

Can you get 'Ricardo's' number for me?