Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tag from Amber

Okay, so now that Garrett is gone I have lots of time on my hands! I was catching up on everyone's blogs, and read Amber's Tag post. I started reading the list and realized that I had done lots of these things. It's a really long list. The idea is to copy and paste the list, and then highlight the things that you have done! Wish that I had done more of these things!

Have and Have nots!

1. Touched an iceberg
2. Slept under the stars (3 day back pack hike in the Uintah Mountains. I was 16. The worst part was when it rained!)
3. Been a part of a hockey fight
4. Changed a baby's diaper (I have a hard time with bodily functions. Garrett has always been better at this than I have)
5. Watched a meteor shower (does trying to see the shooting stars around the trees count?)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity (and I have never regretted it)
7. Swam with wild dolphins
8. Climbed a mountain (Mount Baldy in the Uintah Mountains in Utah. It took 3 hours to get to the top, and I ran down in 15 minutes - then I had altitude sickness. I was 16)
9. Held a tarantula (my uncle, Grant, had a tarantula named Oscar)
10. Said "I love you" and meant it (every time I tell Garrett "I Love You" I mean it)
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris1
3. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game (The Utah Jazz in the Semi-Finals - miss the Jazz games!)
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (the best ones were when I had space in my grandparents garden. I loved going to their house to "pull weeds" and visit.)
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope (Tanner loves space. Our telescope cant see much, but the moon is always nice)
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment (in the middle of prayer! And now Nikki does it too - must be genetic)
21. Had a pillow fight (with my kids on a regular basis. Matthew laughs so hard when the pillows knock him over!)
22. Bet on a winning horse
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill (not that I am proud of it)
24. Built a snow fort (last year with my kids. The snowballs are always the best part!)
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Taken an ice cold bath (after running 8 miles, my muscles needed it)
28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Ridden a roller coaster (I love roller coasters. I remember the first time I rode one - my dad "encouraged" me to go, and I closed my eyes the whole time.)
31. Hit a home run
32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking (with my children. I often wonder what people walking by think when the see us in the windows - and then I don't really care, because we are laughing and having fun)
33. Adopted an accent for fun
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment (all the time!!! My live is relatively good)
36. Loved your job 90% of the time (I love being a mom, at least 90% of the time - the other 10% I hope my family will forget!)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (ironically, it was when we had less. It seems that the more we have, the more we want! Life was simpler when we had nothing!!)
38. Watched wild whales
39. Gone rock climbing (on a date in high school. I was really bad at it!)
40. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach
41. Gone sky diving
42. Visited Ireland
43. Ever bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (We like to buy the missionaries meals if we ever see them at restaurants. I love to see their reactions!)
44. Visited India
45. Bench-pressed your own weight
46. Milked a cow
47. Alphabetized your personal files (I know, sometimes I have OCD - who doesn't?)
48. Ever worn a superhero costume
49. Sung karaoke
50. Lounged around in bed all day (and didn't even feel guilty about it)
51. Gone scuba diving (I learned when I was 14. My dad went on some fun dives with me!)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud (I love the mud at the beach the best. I would live at the shore if I could)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater (when I was a kid, there was a drive-in a few minutes from our house. I remember sitting in the car with my family watching movies. Sometimes we could even see the movie from the yard)
55. Done something you should regret, but don't (my lips are sealed!!)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Been in a movie
60. Gone without food for 3 days
61. Made cookies from scratch (the kids like to make cookies on Sunday. Garrett makes better cookies than I do)
62. Won first prize in a costume contest
63. Got flowers for no reason (Garrett is wonderful!)
64. Been in a combat zone
65. Spoken more than one language fluently
66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
67. Bounced a check (in our BYU days, when we used to shuffle money around just to make ends meet. I never want to go back to that)
68. Read - and understood - your credit report (thanks to Mom Roberts for helping us understand the importance of financial security)
69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy
70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did (I have books written by family members about my ancestors that I had never read. My dad told me about a great-great that invented something that is still in use today. The Fry Reglet - used to hold windows in skyscrapers)
71. Called or written your Congress person
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
73. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
74. Helped an animal give birth
75. Been fired or laid off from a job
76. Won money
77. Broken a bone (when I was a kid - I don't remember which ones)
78. Ridden a motorcycle (a guy friend in college took me for a ride)
79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph
80. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
81. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing
82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days8
3. Eaten sushi (and convinced other people to eat it as well)
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read The Bible cover to cover
86. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
87. Gotten someone fired for their actions
88. Gone back to school
89. Changed your name (when I married Garrett - changed from Fry to Roberts)
90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
92. Read The Iliad (in High School)
93. Taught yourself an art from scratch
94. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
97. Been elected to public office
98. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you (Scrabpook and card artwork)
101. Had a booth at a street fair (In Oklahoma, and New Jersey. They are always more work than they are worth)
102. Dyed your hair (I like to try new things)
103. Been a DJ
104. Rocked a baby to sleep (and taken mental pictures to remember forever. They are so precious when they are sleeping)
105. Ever dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all four
106. Raked your carpet
107. Brought out the best in people (more often, other people bring out the best in me)
108. Brought out the worst in people (unfortunately, I think I do this more often than bringing out their best)
109. Worn a mood ring
110. Ridden a horse
111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap (when I was a little girl, my dad helped me carve a whale out of wood. We were camping on Kolob Mt. in Utah. I still have that whale in my treasure box)
112. Cooked a dish where four people asked for the recipe (Hard to believe that actually happened. When Garrett & I were newlyweds, I ruined more meals and we lived on Hamburger Helper. I've come a long way)
113. Buried a child
114. Gone to a Broadway play (Garrett & I saw Wicked on Broadway - loved it)
115. Been inside the pyramids
116. Shot a basketball into a basket (it was a lucky shot)
117. Danced at a disco
118. Played in a band (does School band count?)
119. Shot a bird
120. Gone to an arboretum
121. Tutored someone
122. Ridden a train (I ride the train every time I go to NYC)
123. Brought an old fad back into style
124. Eaten caviar
125. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need (the warranty on my furniture, upgrading stuff, etc)
126. Ridden a giraffe or elephant
127. Published a book
128. Pieced a quilt (I learned from a wonderful woman, and have made more quilts for other people than myself)
129. Lived in an historic place
130. Acted in a play or performed on a stage
131. Asked for a raise
132. Made a hole-in-one
133. Gone deep sea fishing
134. Gone roller skating
135. Run a marathon
136. Learned to surf
137. Invented something
138. Flown first class (and I will never go back to coach)
139. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite
140. Flown in a helicopter
141. Visited Africa
142. Sang a solo (just in church, and that was scary enough)
143. Gone spelunking
144. Learned how to take a compliment (it was a hard lesson, and I still struggle with it)
145. Written a love-story
146. Seen Michelangelo’s David
147. Had your portrait painted
148. Written a fan letter (I've written a fan email - same thing right)
149. Spent the night in something haunted
150. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane
151. Ran away (I made it around the block and came back - as an adult)
152. Learned to juggle
153. Been a boss (I boss my kids around every day)
154. Sat on a jury
155. Lied about your weight (on my driver's license and military ID)
156. Gone on a diet (and off, and back on, and off, and back on . . . .)
157. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget
158. Written a poem (I used to write lots of poetry - my creative juices died with responsibility and perspective)
159. Carried your lunch in a lunchbox
160. Gotten food poisoning
161. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
162. Hiked the Grand Canyon
163. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks (I love to watch the kids do this)
164. Gone to the opera
165. Gotten a letter from someone famous
166. Worn knickers
167. Ridden in a limousine
168. Attended the Olympics
169. Can hula or waltz
170. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
171. Been stuck in an elevator (in 8th grade I went to the FHA convention in SLC. We jumped in the elevator and it stalled. The hotel people were not happy, and we were on our best behavior after that)
172. Had a revelatory dream
173. Thought you might crash in an airplane (every time we fly - don't know how Garrett does this for a living)
174. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert
175. Saved someone’s life
176. Eaten raw whale
177. Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint
178. Laughed till your side hurt (every time I am with Garrett's mom)
179. Straddled the equator
180. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
181. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival (in Cedar City, UT - saw Taming of the Shrew)
182. Sent a message in a bottle
183. Spent the night in a hotel (more times than I want to count. I remember one in Indiana that was so bad we didn't want to sleep in the bed - yuck)
184. Been a cashier (at the movie theater - high school job in St. George)
185. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt (when I was a kid, but I don't remember it)
186. Joined a union
187. Donated blood or plasma (the worst time was when I was donating RBCP, and the needle was in wrong. When they were returning my white blood cells my arm swelled up. It was a little scary. I still donate though! And I am an organ donor!)
188. Built a campfire
189. Kept a blog (started one reluctantly, and now I am addicted)
190. Had hives
191. Worn custom made shoes or boots
192. Made a PowerPoint presentation
193. Taken a Hunter’s Safety Course
194. Served at a soup kitchen
195. Conquered the Rubik’s cube (by cheating - removing the stickers and putting them in the right places)
196. Known CPR
197. Ridden in or owned a convertible
198. Found a long lost friend
199. Helped solve a crime
200. Responded to a NJP newsletter

3 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! You've done a lot! This was a fun post to read! Some of the extra comments made me laugh!

Amberdawn said...

I loved the extra stuff too! L

*Karleena* said...

Wow!! That's an insanely long list of stuff! Who came up with all of it?? You've done a lot more than me, that's for sure!! It was fun to read!