Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another Message from Kuwait

Greetings to all. I pray that everyone is doing well. I wanted to post some pics but the computers here will not let you upload from a memory stick. I will have to send the pics to my email account and access them from there. Anyway, enough about my computer problems. I apologize for not posting last week. It is my goal to post at least once a week. Last week was so busy. We were short some aircrew members so the rest of us had to carry the load for awhile. We were flying with about 12 to 15 hours off between flights. This pace is difficult to sustain. I have found that my body gets wasted after a week of such a schedule. I was glad to have a few days off after such a busy flying week.
Flying is still fun and adventurous. I have already logged 50 hours in 2 weeks. Many of the hours is from flying to Afghanistan and Kyrgyzstan. The terrain is beautiful flying to Kyrgyzstan. Glaciers and high mountains are visible in all directions. The Himalayan mountains begin here and extend eastward. The airport in Kyrgyzstan is only 25 miles from Russia and just north of China.
Two Sundays ago I went to church while in Kyrgyzstan. There was only 5 of us in attendance. I was able to help bless the sacrament and we had a lesson from the Sunday school manual. It is wonderful to find a LDS service at most bases. I often think of the history of Christianity in this part of the world. Even though the church is not recognized in this region, this land is still being blessed.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. My family and I are very grateful. I love any messages you send.

5 comments:

Garrett, Jen and Kids said...

Hey Hotie!!! You are doing an amazing job! I'm glad you had a few days off too. It was nice to talk to you a bit! Keep up the good work! Love ya, Jen

*Karleena* said...

That's a lot of flying!! Don't you ever get tired of sitting in a plane so much? Can't wait to see pictures of those places you mentioned!! That's awesome you got to attend church in Kj-blah-blah (uh...? can't even say it let alone spell it!).

Angela said...

I'm glad to know you're doing well and had some time off. Take care and thanks for the update!

Nathan and Amy said...

Good to hear you are doing well. I agree with Nina.... I would love to see pictures of the glaciers and other beautiful things you get to see. Take care of yourself.

The Sitchlers said...

Garrett,
Wanted to send our best from the Ward, changes are Brian Bennett is your assistant, like Ryan was, so you can use him as needed. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

David