Hey everyone out there in the blog world. I thought I would try this blog posting stuff and see how it turns out. Jen had to give me some instructions so I wouldn't destroy all here hard work. As many of you know I am in Kuwait. If you don't know where Kuwait is located then pull out a map of the world and look for the Persian Gulf. Once you have found the Persian Gulf follow it north until you hit land. There is Kuwait. A faster way would be to just Google it on the Internet. If you like lots of sand, no vegetation, and lots of heat then Kuwait it the place for you.
My job here is to fly C-17s for the Air Force. This base has primarily been used by C-130s, but they have graciously (under some protest) let us fly here too. I know, sounds like two kids fighting in the sand box. You couldn't be any more right. Anyway, I am getting settled and looking forward to flying lots. The folks I am working with are from McCord AFB in Washington state. They seem nice enough. I ran into an old friend from BYU while at the chow hall today. Looks like we will be flying together in the future. What a small world? Even a smaller one in the Air Force.
I will keep updating the blog as time allows. I will figure out a way to upload pictures as well. I am sure all of you are so very curious to see what tons and tons of sand look like. Just think of it as a nice beach that keeps on going and going without any water. Bye for now from the Middle East. Don't worry about my spiritual well being. There are church services every Sunday.
4 comments:
Keeping us informed of all your adventures on the blog is a great idea. We check everyones blogs at least weekly. We will look forward to seeing pictures, in the meantime we will just look out the kitchen window at the sand box and imagine Kuwait.
It is great that you can attend church while there. LDS church? Are there enough members to make a branch?
Good luck on your "Biggest Loser" efforts.
Be safe!
We love you!
Good job on the post baby!!! It isn't as hard as you thought it would be, huh!?!
Mom, they probably don't have a branch, but all of the LDS members that are currently at that base will meet for a Sacrament meeting. When Garrett was in Qatar, he probably made about 1/2 of them. Sometimes his flying schedule just didn't allow it! He took the General conference DVD's just in case he misses the meeting!
We're glad you made it there safely!! Great job on the blog post! We're anxious to see all the sand pictures!! ;o)
Flew from Iraq to Kuwait on a C-17 when I was heading home in Jul. It was the most comfortable ride I had until our combat landing descent. Stay safe, Garrett.
Chris
Post a Comment