Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tag from Tami

Tami tagged me for this one! Thanks Tami!

Five things my husband, Garrett, loves. (I stole all of Tami's because Garrett's are the same - maybe that is why Garrett and Vaughn are such good friends)
1. Me
2. Our kids
3. Flying
4. Heavenly Father
5. Serving our country

Five things on his to-do list:
1. Finish his master's (3 more classes to go!!)
2. Clean out the garage
3. Catch up his inbox for his calling (he is Ward Clerk, and being gone for the last 2 months doesn't help the paperwork progress)
4. Spend more time with Jen (we are going to Florida for a week in December - just us. Not anywhere fun. He has to go for some training before his next deployment in January, and I am tagging along. Thanks Mom Roberts for watching the kids that week)
5. Loose a few pounds (I think we are trailing in the Fry biggest looser competition - it's so hard to eat right when we are apart)

Five snacks he loves:
1. Triscuits
2. Hickory Farms Beef Sticks
3. Chips and Salsa
4. Apple Pie
5. Combos (I had never heard of these until he asked me to send him some on the last deployment. They look like dog treats to me)

Five things you may not know about him:
1. He loves to stay home and play with the kids. He is much more fun than I am.
2. When he was a kid, the word pantyhose made him laugh uncontrollably.
3. He broke his ankle durring a BYU ROTC basketball game. The commander landed on it! He walked all over the BYU campus on crutches until it healed.
4. He loves to read non fiction, especially books of a Historical nature.
5. He makes incredible eggs, and sometimes talks about owning a breakfast restaurant.

Five places he has lived:
1. Maryland
2. Argentina
3. Utah
4. Oklahoma
5. New Jersey

Five quirky things about Garrett:
1. He snores so loud the kids often hear him from their rooms.
2. He is afraid of needles. He has to try very hard not to faint (which would be a bad thing as a pilot) every time the military needs his blood.
3. His hands get cold and clammy when he is nervous. They felt like ice the day we got married (was he trying to tell me something).
4. He loves to fly - I know, not quirky - but if he is not flying for a lengthy period, he gets very moody! It is best for everyone when he is on the schedule regularly!
5. He can only sleep if it is chilly in the room. So he sleeps on the covers, while I sleep under them!

Five people to tag--answer these questions about your hubby (do I even have 5 people reading my blog?)
1. Amy
2. Kelli
3. Nina
4. Aliese
5. Amylee

3 comments:

Angela said...

I just remember you tagged me once and I forgot to do it! I should do it anyways because I like this tag games. This was a fun one. So you are going to Florida?! How fun!

*Karleena* said...

You totally have more than 5 people who read your blog, silly!! That was a really cool tag... it was fun to learn more about Garrett. He's afraid of a tiny little needle...but yet he'll go super fast in a jet thousands of feet above ground!? wow! And I didn't know he's good at making eggs. Interesting! Next year, when you come visit - you'll have to get him to show off his breakfast chef skills! :o)

Strattons said...

Thanks for the tag, Jen :), It might be a while before I can get that one accomplished - I'll be working on it