On the 9th Matthew went on a field trip with his preschool class to a farm. I wasn't quite ready to let him go on the field trip alone, so I drove him there, and got to play too. We took a hayride out to the pumpkin patch, and walked through a corn maze to get to it. He picked a pumpkin right away, and of course, it was a heavy one (at least for him). We got back on the hayride to go the apple orchards where we picked apples. Matthew did a great job only picking the apples off of the trees (it was tempting to pick them up off of the ground). He loved the hayride back to the farm. Lunch came next, and he made quick work of the cheese on his sandwich and left the lunch meat! They have a really great animal area. The kids fed the animals ground corn through a tube (see the picture to really get it). What a great idea, then there were no nibbles or animal germs! I think that the playground was easily his favorite part. I had to drag him away. He has asked every day since if he is going on another field trip. So much fun!!
The leaves are changing here now too! I took some pictures today while the kids were playing in our backyard. Thought I would share. After Garrett gets home we are going to drive up to the Poconos and take some real fall pictures. But it is getting pretty here!
4 comments:
Pretty leaves! I love the Poconos! I lived there for three summers and wanna go back so so badly.
So glad to see that you are alive and still living on our planet! Your fall leaves sure do put ours to shame...I thought ours were great, till seeing yours. I guess we need to make a fall trip someday. Now that your dad is Bishop, I think our trips are going to be limited to once a year to see kids. (good thing Hawaii was already planned and payed for!)
love ya'll!
My computer, for some reason, won't show the picture slideshow! Grrr! But your fall leaves are SO beautiful!!! I'm doing a fall themed b-day cake for the 29th and those pictures give me great inspiration!! Thanks!!!
I wish I could see the pics - but it sounds like Matthew (and you) had a blast on the field trip!!
Miss you tons! At least we have one thing that connects us this month.... Farms. :-)
Post a Comment