Tuesday, October 7, 2008

ARE YOU STILL ALIVE GARRETT?

Some of you may have said this in the recent past. Yes I am still breathing, even though sand and dust make up much of my breathable air around here. I was just telling Jen today that the winds have been blowing especially hard the past few days. You can't go outside without getting every exposed part of your body sandblasted. I don't know why I shower? I feel just as nasty after walking around outside. On the positive side, after a nice sweety or is it sweaty, workout at the gym my clothes are usually heat blasted dry by the wind on my walk from the gym to my dorm room.
For all of you who have read Jen's 7 quirky things list below, they are all true. There have been times when Jen has almost fallen asleep on the phone. She says it is my lovely voice that puts her to sleep, but I think that is code for "your voice is too monotone." I love her very much. There is never a dull moment around our home.
I hope everyone is doing well. Are you all sick of politics yet? I am getting there. The overseas cable TV is filled with programming from the AFN (Air Force Network). If you only love sports and news then this programming is for you. Not much of a variety. Don't get me wrong, I love the political process, it's just that 24/7 coverage will make even the most die hard Republican/Democrat/Independent/Libertarian/Socialist ( ok, maybe not the Socialist), go a little crazy.
The flying around here hasn't changed much. My copilot "Mike", no really, his name is Mike, has recently fallen ill to an unknown allergy or it could just be a very bad sinus infection. You know, places with lots of dust and sand tend to do that. We were supposed to fly the other day, but had to cancel due to his health. We should be back on track tomorrow with a new pilot on board to help out while Mike gets better.
I know I promised pictures and they are coming. Please don't send any hate emails to me or my family because of my lack of pics.
On a more serious note, thank you for all your prayers of support. They are greatly appreciated here and at home. Until next time.
Garrett

5 comments:

Garrett, Jen and Kids said...

You are so good to put up with me! Thanks for talking me to sleep, and it has nothing to do with monotone. Funny man!

Angela said...

I'm glad to know you are doing well. I was excited to see the pictures though!! :) Did you know Dave will be deployed in two weeks? I wonder if he'll be close to where you are right now.
Take care Garrett!

Parent People said...

Those sandy winds sound terrible. We take our gorgeous weather for granted. Our days have been mid
80s, for a high, and low 60s for our low. Wish it could last for always.
When do you come home? I bet Jen and the kids can't wait! (especially Matthew!)
We think about you and pray for you, and your family, daily.
Take care...we love you!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for your news. We had a fun weekend with Jen and the kids. They look great. Nikki beat me at Uno Keep up the good work. Love, mom and dad

Rachael said...

Garrett, It's so good to hear from you. I can't imagine breathing all that dusty air. I hope your co-pilot(Mike) feels better soon...Rachael