Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I've been tagged (thanks Rachel)

Okay, Rachel tagged me! This is a hard one as I have so many quirky things!

7 quirky things you may not know about me:

1. I can't say no! I have this compulsion to help other people. I hate to leave anyone stranded for any reason. So it is very rare for me to turn down any request, though I am learning as my schedule becomes impossibly full!

2. I don't like chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream. I love chocolate (though it makes me totally sick - I have stomach problems), but won't touch the cake or ice cream. I think it is the flavor - it's just not the real thing!

3. I hate to go to bed when Garrett is gone. It's not that I can't go to sleep, because I sleep fine without him. It's just that it is so quiet. I usually talk myself to sleep when he is home. So when he is gone, there is just no one to talk to. Sometimes if he calls late, I will nearly fall asleep on the phone just because I am talking to him. Some nights I am up way to late because I just won't go upstairs to bed (I know - pathetic).

4. I am a major planner! I like to have definate goals, and a specific plan for reaching those goals. I have planned out the next 40 years of our life. I will even go so far as to write it down. I regularly make Garrett look over our financial plan with me, even though it hasn't changed, just to make sure we are on track. When Garrett talks about doing something different from the plan, I stress out until the decision has been changed (thus a new plan), or we decide to stay on the current path!! Okay, so I have a little OCD!

5. I laugh at potty jokes! Garrett is just as bad as the kids, and we can't get through dinner without a potty comment. I will frown and remind them all of their manners, but secretly I think is is hilarious!

6. I don't always sort the laundry! I just toss it all in the washer on cold! Laundry is my least favorite job - it never seems to be done. Sometimes when I am behind, or have a busy week, I don't bother to sort it. So far, nothing has turned pink or blue that shouldn't be, though I am sure I am just biding my time!

7. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up! I want to go back to school to finish my degree, but my interests change on a regular basis. Some days I want to be an event planner, some days a Biology teacher, some days a Vetrinarian. I guess it is a good thing that I still have a little time to decide. Garrett is almost done with his Master's Degree, and then it is my turn!

Now for the fun part. I get to tag 4 people. I tag Tami, Nina, Amy, and Angela.

6 comments:

*Karleena* said...

Thanks for the tag! But I already did this one (it was part of my 7's tag that I did... I included it in another tag)! :o) It was fun reading your answers though!

Darrin Fry said...

Potty Jokes? Like the time you sat on me and farted in my face? At the time it was not funny, but in retrospect it is.

Garrett, Jen and Kids said...

Yes, Darrin! Not one of my most shining moments. I can't have been more than 16, so as they say . . . the past is behind us!!

Nathan and Amy said...

The past "Behind"? Get it? Haha!! Thanks for tagging me... Mabey I will get Nate to help me come up with some. Or I'll just let him write it. It might not happen until next week though.

Parent People said...

I learn lots about my funny children from their blogs! (when I have time to look at them) I already knew about your not so shining moment...good thing Darrin can laugh about it, now.
Love ya!

Rachael said...

Thanks for answering my tag. I enjoyed reading it! I dislike doing laundry especially when I'm behind in it, I find myself doing the same thing.