Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Potty training stinks!!!



So I am sitting on the bathroom floor and my rear end has fallen asleep. Thank goodness for my blackberry, or I would be cut off from the world!!!

I am trying to get Matthew potty trained before school starts in 2 weeks. I really need him to be able to attend preschool, but he can't go in diapers.

Matthew is a super stuborn kid. We have been doing this since Monday, and he hasn't gone in the toilet once. He had remarkable self control though. He has only had one accident. He just saves it all up until he is asleep.

Today I decided that there will be no nap until he goes in the toilet - thus the numb rear! We have been in the bathroom for 2 hours.

I have tried bribery. We even bought him a Thomas backpack for school if he goes. He won't even go for that!

I think I may go insane sitting here! Sigh!!!

5 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Oh my word! That's definitely patience...and endurance...I wonder why he's so scared; I was all about the toilet! Totally thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Amberdawn said...

Gosh, I remember the days and days of sitting in the bathroom by the toilet. I am not looking forward to it with Kenneth. Good Luck!!

Kelli said...

I've been putting off doing the same with Helen! I'm hoping that despite the language barrier we can manage soon. Definatly not looking forward to it! Good luck! C'mon Matthew, you can do it!

*Karleena* said...

Aw! I'm so sorry you're stuck in the bathroom! I've heard that boys are normally harder to potty train - and it seems like Matthew is no exception! He won't even do it for Train stuff!? He really hates the potty that bad, eh? I'm sorry! I sure hope he gets the hang of it soon (for your sanity)!

Nathan and Amy said...

I wish I had some magical advice I could give. I am just glad that I don't ever have to do it again. You could think of it that way too. As soon as he is potty trained, you are done!! :-) This too shall pass.