Sunday, August 17, 2008

Birthday Party at Grandma & Grandpa Roberts Home

Garrett's mom had a birthday on the 15th (Happy Birthday, Mom)! We went to Maryland on Friday night to celebrate with her. It was a double party, as Garrett's birthday is on the 19th (Happy Birthday, Garrett).
Friday evening we had a crab feast. It is fun to crack the crabs open and dig out the meat. Garrett suprised me by being squeamish about the crab "insides." Male crabs have a few extra bits to scrape out (and they are yellow). He could only stomach 3 crabs!! Garrett's dad wasn't ready to be done. He is an expert crab feaster!!








There is also a great park near Grandma & Grandpa's house. We took the kiddos for a little while. We didn't stay very long as the mosquitos were eating us alive!!!









4 comments:

*Karleena* said...

How fun!! Wow, those are big crabs!!! The meat is pretty good - but so not worth all the work it takes to get it out!

Happy Birthday Garrett (tomorrow)!!

*Aliese* said...

YUMM-O! I love crab. Happy Birthday, Garrett!

Nathan and Amy said...

I'm glad to see that you made it home OK. I just love crab... well worth the effort it takes. I've never done a whole crab, just the legs at Red Lobster. So I've never had to deal with the yellow guck. We loved having you here. But I bet you are glad to be home. Isn't that what vacations are for? To help you appreciate your own home and bed more?!

Angela said...

I looove crab so much!! I'm jealous! My family always has "crab parties" at home and these pictures reminded me of them. How fun!
Happy B-Day Garrett!