Okay, so my day is turning into the week from ______ (you fill in the blank). Seriously, if it could go wrong in the last week or so, it has!!!
Garrett is trying to get ready for a short notice deployment to Kuwait. He leaves on the 2nd. As a result, he has had a lot to get done. We haven't seen much of him lately. Not having him around in the week that I am trying to potty train Matthew has added just a LITTLE bit of extra stress.
Matthew still refuses to pee in the toilet. He will hold it for hours. Last night I kept him up until way past his bedtime . . . and he went as soon as I got him into bed!!!! If I didn't think that he knew what he was doing, I would wait a while longer. But he knows when he needs to pee. He even tells me, and then refuses to use the toilet! AUGH!!!
Our desktop died on Saturday. We took it to a repar shop to see if they could reclaim our files. I have so many important things on there (taxes, MOSC auction stuff, my Primary files, pictures, etc.). Today we find out that the company can not retrieve them, and that if we want to send the hard drive off, the files can probably be retrieved for about $1000. So, it looks like I will be doing the MOSC auction again this year, as I can't make someone else start from scratch when I know what is going on. Garrett will be deployed again in January, and I don't know how I am going to accomplish that!
This morning I took the kids to the doctor for their back to school check ups and forgot my insurance cards. On the bright side, the secretary was super nice, and let me bring them back (20 minutes home and back and home again). There went my morning!
My grandparents are driving Garrett's new boat out from Utah. Yesterday, the bearings in the trailer tires died. They are stuck in the middle of nowhere waiting for the tires to be repaired. Did I mention that we are paying for this as well.
I hate that when there is loads of money in the savings account, nothing happens. When it rains it pours!!!!
Today I totally cried! I haven't done that in a while. I think that the stress is finally getting to me. Me! I think that I can handle anything, and usually can. Today, the computer put me over the edge.
On the plus side, these are tiny little trials (even if they all came at once). I am trying to keep it all in perspective and remember that it could be lots worse. We have Garrett's laptop (which he will be taking with him - so I get a new computer) that I can use for now. My grandparents were okay and actually received the miracle kind of help on the road. Matthew will eventually learn to use the toilet. I probably would have done the auction again (as no one has stepped up to fill my shoes yet anyway). My children were given a clean bill of health today! Garrett has a 4 day weekend coming up before he leaves.
I really am blessed. I have so much to be thankful for, and little trials happen to everyone. Heavenly Father watches out for us. I am truly grateful for that!
This day can only get better!
4 comments:
Let me know if I can do anything for you. Thanks for letting Nikki come to the park with us. She is so fun to be with!
I hope things get better! You really are amazing!
Sounds like you're busy! I don't know if you've tried this or not, but my I remember my brother was a MASTER at holding his pee as well. We would put bath-like warm water in a bottle with the mouthpiece spout and squirt it over his penis and he'd TOTALLY pee in the toilet (sorry, that may have been TMI). I'm tellin' ya though-that whole "warm water" thing really helps. We'd also let the water in the sink run while he was sittin' on the toilet. My favorite was when we'd take him to the bathroom AFTER he was potty trained, he'd ask us to turn the water on so he could go! Funny boy. Anyway, that's just a thought. And I'm glad Grandma and Grandpa are safe! Trailor accidents frighten me; they rarely turn out that well.
It would be SOOOO nice if we could just get one or maybe two (if they are small) trials at a time! It just really would make life nice.
Isn't is amazing how stubborn little boys can be, so frustrating. Good luck with that!
Jen, if you send us your hard drive ian could probably try to salvage it, and he won't charge you $1000!
I'm sorry you're having a rough week :(
Post a Comment