Our trip started out rough. We had a connecting flight through Atlanta to Las Vegas. There was a 2 hour layover, so we thought we would be fine. However due to weather and poor planning we were stuck on the ground at some po-dunk airport near Atlanta for 2 hours waiting for the airplane to refuel. Needless to say, we missed our connecting flight and had to stay overnight in Atlanta. (p.s. STAY AWAY FROM AIR TRAN)!!! We finally made it to Utah on the 3rd - tired and stinky (we didn't have our luggage, so we were in the same clothes as the day before - yuck).
The rest of the trip was a blast! Here's a rundown of fun things we did (not necessarily in this order)!
Nikki pulled her own tooth (it is the gap on the right)! Her tooth has been wiggly for a while, and she wouldn't let anyone pull it. I guess it isn't so scary when you pull it yourself. She asked the "toothfairy" for her dollar right away, and Grandma gave her all of the change in her purse! Lucky girl! Funny thing is that she lost 2 teeth last time we were in St. George.
We ate out a few times! I have never eaten at In-N-Out Burger! My friend, Catherine, asked me to bring her a double-double. This is as good as she is going to get!!!
We ate sushi (the raw stuff) at Benja's Thai restaurant with Amy, Nathan, Eleanor, Jay, and Emily (Jay's friend). Jen loves sashimi (the raw sushi). Garrett likes it too! We let everyone try some, and had some funny reactions. Eleanor (Garrett's sister) gagged down a hefty piece of yellowtail! I think she may have turned green for a minute - but she did it!We also went and saw 2 plays. We saw "Honk," the story of the Ugly Duckling, in which Darrin (Jen's brother) was the star. We also saw Le Miserables at the Tuachan ampitheater. Jen had never seen the musical version before, and it was lots of fun!
We spent a day at Grandma and Grandpa Fry's (unfinished) cabin. While the men took turns helping with the wiring, everyone else rode the 4-wheelers. Even Matthew had fun!
Matthew!!
Nikki!!
Tanner!!
Matthew spent lots of time in Grandpa Fry's train room. He needed an adult to take him out, so Grandpa taught Garrett how to run the trains. If Matthew had a choice, he would live in that room! He will sit for hours watching the trains go 'round and 'round! He's a chip off of the Grandpa block!

We spent a morning at a fun place called "Jumpin' Jacks." This place is great! It is a warehouse filled with inflatable slides and bounce houses. The cousins wore themselves out running from one place to another! We hardly saw them! It is funny who you run into in St. George! While we were at Jumpin' Jacks, Jen's cousins, Heather & Salina showed up. It wasn't planned, but great to catch up and see their children! Matthew was not happy about being there, and cried most of the time. He's afraid of inflatables - maybe it's something you grow into!

We wore ourselves out on our trip! Matthew missed a nap, and fell asleep at the table!
Vacations are always fun! But we are all glad to be home, and back in our own beds!!! Thanks Fry family for having us! And for so much fun!
5 comments:
We miss you already!!! The first thing Mallory asked this morning was "where's Nikki?!" She was so sad that she couldn't play with her again today. I'm glad you made it home okay! After our drive home, I was sure feeling sorry for you having to spend ALL day traveling with 3 kids!! Mine were awful for only 2 hours in the car...I sure hope your's did better!! :o) Give 'em all hugs! Love ya!!
Yes, its true..me and sushi..not best friends. It was so good to see you guys!
I love sushi! And Benja's--I always have to get desert when I'm there; totally addicting. It was so fun to be able to see ya'll a few times while you were here! Oh, and I have to say Nikki and I are one in the same with the teeth pulling. I didn't let anyone else pull my teeth because it hurt so much! I didn't mind doin' it myself though.
It was so good to see you guys again! I'm glad that you finally decided to join us in the blog world so maybe we can keep up with what you guys are up to! We love you!
I can't believe all you had to go through to get to Utah! I'm glad you had such a great time though!
Post a Comment