Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Yard Demo Part 1

Our back yard is the worst part of our house. When we purchased it, Garrett assured me that it wouldn't be a big deal to redo the landscaping. Our house is on a sloped lot, and whoever did the original landscaping created terraces that take up most of the yard. Step 1 is to pull the terraces back quite a bit.

We are using every nice day to get the demo work done. The plan is to have all of the rearranging finished by Spring, when a landscaper can come and put in a new sprinkler system.

It's lots of work! I keep telling myself how beautiful it will be when it's finished.

3 comments:

Laurel C. said...

Yay! You have a blog! I had no idea. It'll be fun to see what you guys are up to. And good luck with your backyard!

*Aliese* said...

That is SO much work!! Very impressive though. Matthew is so stinkin' cute with that rake though.

Kelli said...

Looks like a very big project! I don't envy you, but I'm sure it will be beautiful when it is finished! Cute kids too!

Where is all your snow?! We have more snow than that!