Wednesday, January 28, 2009

They used a snow day for this?

This morning at 5:30 am, my blackberry pings that I have new mail. The school canceled classes today because of snow. Just as I am going back to sleep the home phone rings . . . it's the Honeywell Instant Alert to notify me that there is no school. Then as soon as I hang up, they call again. Then, they call my blackberry. Maybe I shouldn't have given them all of my contact numbers (for both kids). Ha Ha! So, we had about 3 inches of snow that turned to slush by 10:00 this morning. The roads were totally clear. I can't believe they wasted a snow day on this!! The kids had fun though! I used my phone camera, so the pictures are not great. There are no pics of Tanner, becuase he ran right off to a friends!

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

What a fun surprise! I did, however, think it a bit ridiculous when it happened here...A few inches makes me laugh. Glad your kids could make the best of it and play!

*Karleena* said...

Do they allot certain amounts of snow days for the year? How fun for your kids!! Unexpected snow days are the best (except for the snow part)!! :o) Thanks for the comments and support on my blog!! Love ya!

Nathan and Amy said...

Hey thanks for the cookies. I ate half a box of carmel delights all by myself when they came yesterday. Needless to say, my pants were a little tighter today. Aaahhhh. Lol. Tell everyone "hi" and give them hugs. We miss you! Love, Amy